Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Heroes Con, 2014: OVER

I'm back from a wonderful time in Charlotte this past weekend. Thanks a bunch to Shelton Drum, Rico Renzi and the Heroes crew for having me! Heroes is easily one of my favorite shows, and it continues to be amazing. Here's a look at some of the art I made over the weekend:
Magik. Pen & ink on 9x12" bristol.

This is a little Two-Face I drew for Heroes Drink and Draw event they held on Friday. Hot dogs vs.T-bone steaks. The drawing was made on a small (roughly 4x4") coaster.

'Reign of the Superwomen.' Acrylic/mixed media on 20x30" illustration board.

Finally, here's a look at the auction piece I painted on Saturday; a gender-flipped painting inspired by the 'Reign of the Supermen' arc that followed the Death of Superman comics of the early 1990's. I had a lot of fun working on it, but it took a super long time and kept me away from my table for long spells. Apologies to anyone who missed me on Saturday. I'll likely do something a bit smaller in scope next year.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by my table to say hello. It was great getting to meet new fans and creators alike, as well as see some familiar faces. Until next time... 

Thanks Heroes!

No comments: